SILVASTA™ contains sildenafil, the same active ingredient as in other leading erectile dysfunction medicine brands such as Avigra® and Viagra®.
Trained pharmacists can now offer a confidential service to provide a treatment for patients with erectile dysfunction. Come in and talk to one of our specially trained pharmacists to ensure silvasta is right for you. The first consultation will take around 20 minutes and includes a blood pressure check. Repeat supplies will only take a few minutes, provided your health hasn’t changed since your initial consultation.
You must not take silvasta
If you are taking nitrate medicines. Using nitrates and silvasta together may cause a severe drop in your blood pressure which may be difficult to treat. Nitrate medicines are used to treat angina (chest pain) and are known by many generic and brand names so it is best to check with your doctor or pharmacist before starting on silvasta.
Do not take on pharmacist supply if you have
- Unusually high or low blood pressure that is not effectively treated.
- Loss of vision in one or both eyes from an eye disease called nonarteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
- An eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa
- Ever had a heart attack, stroke or mini-stroke (TIA)
- An arrhythmia (Heart beat problem)
- Kidney or liver problems (unless minor)
- Bleeding problems, stomach orduodenal ulcers
- Leukaemia (cancer of the blood cells)
- Multiple myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow)
- Any disease or deformity of your penis
- Sickle cell anaemia (disease of the blood)
- Colour vision problems
- Allergy to other phosphodiesterase inhibitors for erection problems
- Uncomfortable stomach
- Blocked nose
- Changes in vision such as blurring, a blue colour to your vision or a greater awareness of light